Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Webhelp questions: catalogs and xpointers

Hi Jeff,
Yes, you'd have to modify the supplied build.xml to use catalogs. Last
time I used catalogs with ant, you had to have the resolver jar
available (in the classpath? or ant lib dir?) to make it work. There
was also a simpler catalog format you could use inside your ant
build.xml that didn't require an extra library. Things may have
changed since then, but that's what I recall. The docs are here:

https://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/xmlcatalog.html

However, it sounds as if you'd prefer to exec xsltproc instead of
using Saxon. If you stick with Ant, you could exec xsltproc (and xmllint):

https://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/exec.html

As part of this summer's GSoC project, one of the students is creating
a Makefile to build webhelp using xsltproc. You could use that as a
starting point too.

It's difficult to provide a build script that covers everyone's needs.
What's there will work for some people and provide inspiration and
guidance to allow others to integrate it into their system.

David