Subject: [xhtml-1_1][header.navigation] An unallowed attribute

Hi,

Here is an old issue in the xhtml-1_1/chunk-common.xsl file:

<xsl:template name="header.navigation">
              <th width="60%" align="center">          <!--[ Line 1227 ]-->
</xsl:template>

The <th width> attribute isn't allowed in XHTML 1.1, and pages produced don't pass validation, e.g. with W3.org Validator.

I have copied the whole template into my customization layer and deleted the wrong attribute. I don't like this way, however, because hiding the original template from possible changes in the future. Is there any better solution? Playing with the make.valid.html, html.cleanup, and make.clean.html parameters was completely unsuccessful. Now I think about post-processing.

And more, isn't that attribute needed in the original template at all? Deleting it had no significant visual effect in IE / FF / Chrome.

--
Regards,
Ivan Zaporozhets