Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Fwd: RE: [xep-support] ANNOUNCEMENT - RenderX moves to the Cloud

On 24.6.2012 19:54, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> OK, thanks for the info. I'm happy to adjust the build rules to get this
> working. So far I couldn't find any instructions on how this is done,
> though. Do I need to process the original .fo file to substitute the
> MathML by SVG, before I pass it along to the FO processor ?

Yes, exactly. Also, sometimes additional adjustment in FO are necessary,
there is XSLT provided in SVGMath distribution for it. Basically you
will need workflow similar to:

saxon -o x.fo doc.xml fo.xsl
python c:\SVGMath-0.3.3\math2svg.py -c c:\SVGMath-0.3.3\svgmath.xml -o
y.fo x.fo
saxon -o z.fo y.fo c:\SVGMath-0.3.3\fo\adjustbase.xsl
xep -quiet -fo z.fo -pdf doc.pdf

> Also, what are the issues that makes the MML->SVG->PDF only
> "acceptable", as opposed to "good" ? Does this affect all equations, or
> just specific expressions ?

Well, if one gets used to TeX in teenage then it is very hard to give
"good" rank to any other math typesetting system. :-)

				Jirka