Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Custom Localization Support Broken?

Hi Jirka,

On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:45:46 +0200
Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> [...]
> OK, I have investigated little bit. There is no bug in stylesheets but
> there is a feature -- local localization can override only existing
> context (it is because in XSLT it's quite inconvenient to switch
> documents on which key() operates). Line 512 in common/l10n.xsl is
> "guilty":
>
> 	  <xsl:for-each select="$context.node">

Ah, I see. I hope, XSLT2 should do better in that regard, right?

> In your case there is no such content in common/en.xml [...]

Well, that reminds me: why does the DocBook stylesheets don't support
the @function attribute?

I think, it wouldn't be very difficult to add a "keycap" context in the
language files, extend the keycap template, and output the localized
string. That would make live for writers and translators much more
easier. :)

> The easiest solution would be to reuse existing context, ie. change
>
>  <l:context name="keycap">

>  <l:context name="msgset">
>
> Not nice, but will work.

Right, that works! :)