Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook XSL stylesheets violate structure-oriented paradigm

Hi Gabor,
Indeed, I misunderstood.  Thanks for clarifying.

You should investigate how well the stylesheets in the xhtml5 directory in DocBook XSL 1.77.1 work for your purposes. They generate the XHTML serialization of the HTML5 spec. They are new in that release, so it is likely that there will be need for further improvements, but I think they would make a better starting point for your new slides effort. They were developed to generate HTML suitable for EPUB3 ebooks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gabor Kovesdan" <gabor@kovesdan.org>
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 2:57 PM

On 2012.07.06. 19:12, Bob Stayton wrote:
The slides stylesheet is separate from the other HTML stylesheets. It was written by Norm Walsh and contributed to the distribution, but it has not been further developed very much until recently. I'm not sure how many of the params for HTML output are supported by slides. I would not judge DocBook's HTML output based on the slides stylesheet.
Bob, it seems like a misunderstanding. I know they are different things and I don't use the old slides stylesheets. I *develop* slides stylesheets for the new schema I created with the support of Google Summer of Code. The XSLT code I write is based on the official DocBook XSL stylesheets. My extension handles the slides-specific elements but the schema allows DocBook inline and block elements on foils. To process this, I import xhtml/chunk.xsl and call xsl:apply-templates, so in the end the informaltable that I have in my slides document is processed by the DocBook XSL templates and this is what I'm talking about. This is the way how I discovered this behavior but then it can also be reproduced with an article or book.

Gabor