Subject: RE: Using DiffMk with Docbook

It looks like Bob's instructions were accurate for diffmk 2.0, and you're trying to use the latest, diffmk 3.0. For example, there's no diffmk.xml in 3.0 but there is in 2.0. Download the 2.0 tar.gz file, compare, and see if you can figure out the updated steps for 3.0.

As for class loading issues, the cause (after accounting for 2.0 to 3.0 changes) may be found in the fact that there is no Cygwin java command that recognizes Cygwin-style paths. You're calling from Cygwin the Windows java command, which only knows about Windows-style paths. You might have to use the Cygwin cygpath command to wrap around Cygwin paths to JARs and convert them to Windows-style paths. See man cygpath for details.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Goss [mailto:dgoss@mueller-inc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 12:18 PM
To: DocBook Apps
Subject: [docbook-apps] Using DiffMk with Docbook

Hi,

I hope this question is within the scope of this list.

I'm trying to use [DiffMk](http://sourceforge.net/projects/diffmk/) to compare two version of a file checked out from SVN, and I'm having all sorts of problems getting it to work in Cygwin. I'm following [Bob's directions in the XSL Guide](http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Changebars.html#d0e50355), but there are a few problems

  + I'm plagued by "Could not find or load main class" errors
  + There is no diffmk.xml (or config/) in the DiffMk distribution

Does anyone have this program working in Cygwin and might be able to offer some advice, or know of an alternative that might work better?
Being able to generate revisionflags between versions would be more useful than sliced bread is for sandwich making.

DAVID GOSS | Technical Writer
P 1.800.876.9218 x 345 | F 1.800.588.9866 dgoss@mueller-inc.com http://www.MuellerReports.com