Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] embedding fonts in generated pdf

On 2012-07-16 14:49, Thomas Schraitle wrote:

>> Still, I seem to be missing some missing link. For example: Who or what
>> caused the generated pdf to reference Type 1 fonts, and what would it
>> take to switch to TrueType ?
> Well, let me give you a short explanation. You start with the idea that you
> want to use a different font in your document.

[...]

Thanks for the explanation. You are describing steps to change the
font-family. The issue I have above is not with font-families, but with
font types. The generated pdf is referring to various Type 1 fonts
(Times, Helvetica, Courier). I have locally installed the equivalent
TrueType fonts, and told FOP about them in the configuration file. But
it still generates pdfs referring to unembedded Type 1 fonts.
The change of a font family doesn't even enter the picture here, or does
it ?

Thanks,
        Stefan