Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] generating a custom css to epub3 -- how? (+ italics?)

On 07/18/2012 07:21 AM, Robert Nagle wrote:
  I've started to play around with the epub3 stylesheets. I noticed
that with the epub3 there is a docbook.epub.css which is generated in
the output directory.

I don't know what the rationale for this was (although I appreciate
that there are default css values included, and that you can add a
secondary css file which is also found in the package.opf file).

1. In a thread last year
http://markmail.org/search/?q=docbook.css.source&q=list%3Aorg.oasis-open.lists.docbook-apps#query:docbook.css.source%20list%3Aorg.oasis-open.lists.docbook-apps+page:1+mid:2blrnk6etoz5jr63+state:results
Bob mentions this:

Regarding your objections, I get around those by using XInclude. I have a
standard CSS file that I include into an XML file using XInclude:

xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/> </style>

That way I keep all the edits in one standard CSS file, and I don't have to copy
it into each output directory using a separate command.

I tried doing what Bob suggested, but it doesn't work -- possibly
because I don't really understand what is going on here.

I expand xIncludes prior to processing, as a separate step?
>xmllint --nofixup-base-uris --format -o $2 --xinclude $1
Then I can validate the full file prior to processing.
That processes param 1 through to param 2, processing xIncludes

Unless your processing includes the xInclude expansion,
it won't work.

HTH

regards

--