Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] include MathML files with the help of XSL

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Robert Lucente <rlucente@pipeline.com> wrote:
> What do you guys think of using MathType to generate MathML?
> Any other suggestions for GUI editors to generate equations would be
> appreciated.

I have good results with LibreOffice (http://www.libreoffice.org/).  I
export the equations as a MathXML file.

Then I use SVGMath (http://sourceforge.net/projects/svgmath/)  to
convert the mml file to svg (note that one has to edit the svg file to
remove the "semantics" element).

I use Inkscape (http://inkscape.org/) to view and edit the svg file if
necessary (I find that a few tweaks really help for beautiful output).
 I use the svg graphic for both html and fop output (note that I use
the xsltproc xsl processor instead of a java tool).

Best regards,

-Tom