Subject: Showing keywords on output

Hi folks.

I've a DocBook project that has a number of articles, and many of those articles have keywords. In my case I'm slightly abusing keywords for categories, but I don't think that's a huge deal. However, I want to show the keywords in my output at the top of each article, as a definition list.

My source looks something like this:

<article>
  <articleinfo>
    <keywordset>
      <keyword role="service">PC</keyword>
      <keyword role="category">Destroyer</keyword>
      <keyword role="variant">Tactical</keyword>
      <keyword role="mark">II</keyword>
    </keywordset>
  </articleinfo>
  <!-- ... -->
</article>

At one point in time with an older version of DocBook XSL, I had the following customizations working:

<xsl:template match="article//keywordset" mode="article.titlepage.recto.auto.mode">
    <dl class="classification">
<xsl:apply-templates select="keyword" mode="article.titlepage.recto.mode" />
    </dl>
  </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="keywordset/keyword" mode="article.titlepage.recto.mode">
    <xsl:if test="@role != ''">
      <dt><xsl:value-of select="@role" /></dt>
      <dd><xsl:apply-templates mode="article.titlepage.recto.mode"/></dd>
    </xsl:if>
  </xsl:template>

But at some point they stopped working during an upgrade and I didn't notice, so I don't know what version that was. :-) As nears as I can tell, those templates are simply not matching anything so never output anything, but I don't know what to replace them with.

My questions then are:

1) What's the correct way in "modern" DBXSL to grab the keywords and display them at the top of each page?

2) Is there some structure other than keywords that I should be using instead that I don't know about, that would be easier to work with?

Merci, Gracias, and all gratitudinal commentary.

--Larry Garfield