Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Multilanguage DocBook documents - best practices needed

On 18.7.2012 20:47, Fekete Róbert wrote:

> So my question is, do you have any recommendations on how to handle
> and manage the translation and multilanguage building of such a
> document set? What is the "best" way to organize the source files? I
> am looking for a solution that, for example, minimizes the risk of
> breaking links in the translated versions, and also does not require
> much post-processing on the translated files (except for generating
> the output files).
>
> Also, since the translation will be done by an external translation
> agency (using computer-aided translation tools), storing the source
> text and the translations in the same file is not really feasible.

In my experience the following works pretty well:

1. Store your source language (usually English) as modular DocBook
documents.

2. Prior sending document for translation assemble it into one large file.

3. Use agency which has very good translation software with translation
memory

4. If source document is updated, make one large assembled file again --
with translation memory only changed part of documents has to be
translated again.

					Jirka