Subject: Mapping OMG / ISO specification files to DocBook

Hello,

I'm trying to write DocBook documents (formal specifications) that
conform to the format requirements by the Object Management Group (OMG)
and the International Standards Organization (ISO).

Please find attached a titlepage sequence that I'm trying to map to DocBook.
There are a couple of mapping issues, which I have worked around with
hacks, so I'd like to know whether there are better alternatives (short
of adding my own customization of the DB5 RelaxNG grammar):

1) The recto titlepage contains content that doesn't fit into any of the
elements meant to be used on a titlepage. I have abused "preface"
elements for this, but that requires a couple of hacks, in particular
because prefaces require titles, and the content here doesn't have any
(as you can see).

2) The verso page sequence contains something semantically akin to a
"legalnotice", though it's quite a bit more (and more structured) than a
simple notice. So again, I couldn't use the existing "legalnotice"
element, but used a preface with a "legalnotice" id. Here again, there
is not a single title (instead, each of the subsections has a title), so
I had to cheat somewhat.

Are there any better ways I could have mapped this text to DocBook ?

Please note that the OMG formally supports DocBook as input format for
specifications. It appears I'm the first person to attempt to actually
use it, and thus I'm running into a couple of issues like the above. I
think it would be great to find a way to get this working, especially if
that could avoid having to use a custom grammar.

Thanks for any suggestions,

        Stefan