Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Processing titles for the PDF TOC

Hi Jeff,

Am Donnerstag, 2. August 2012, 11:07:42 schrieb Jeff Hooker:
> I'm using docbook-xsl-1.73.2 and Saxon 9 HE to generate PDFs via XEP.

This a rather old version. Have you considered to update to the latest
version?

> I'm attempting to strip any "remark" elements that authors have embedded
> in "title" elements from the content reproduced in the TOC.
> [...]
>
> Suggestions?

Why do you customize templates? If I'm not mistaken, you don't have to.

There is the parameter show.comments[1] which is set to 1 by default. That
means, any comment written as remark will be displayed. To suppress your
remarks, set show.comments to 0 (zero).

See also my short article about remarks[2].

I would have expected that this mechanism works also in titles. If not, I
would consider it as a bug.