Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] WYSIWYG Editor for docbook

On 13/08/2012 18:04, Warren Young wrote:
On 8/12/2012 5:10 PM, Paul Taylor wrote:
On 12/08/2012 23:41, Richard Hamilton wrote:

There are a bunch of very good visual editors out there that will
handle DocBook. The one I know best is Oxygen
(http://www.oxygenxml.com/), which works very well with DocBook.

Goodness, this product is well overpriced

If you're looking at it as a DocBook word processor, sure. But oXygen does quite a bit more than that. Check out the feature matrix:

    http://www.oxygenxml.com/feature_matrix.html

oXygen Author is priced appropriately for what it is: a piece of a high end publication system.
Compared to top notch Java IDE (Jetbrains) or top-notch java profiler (YOurkit) I think the price is expensive. It may have a vast feature matrix, but it is essentially an Xml Editor/Processor I doubt many customers use the majority of features.
But I guess this discussion is offtopic.

Paul