Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] ePub to MOBI conversion

On 15.8.2012 18:38, Richard L Hamilton wrote:
> At different times I've used kindlegen and calibre for ePub to MOBI conversion, with varying results, but I've never been 100% happy with the result from either.
>
> Does anyone on the list have any suggestions as to which of these (or which alternative) is the best choice for conversion when the ePub was generated using the DocBook stylesheets?

Personally I haven't faced many serious problem when I was converting
output of epub3 stylesheet with Calibre. What I did was to adjust
resulting XHTML files prior packing into .epub. I used attached
stylesheet and simple Ant target:

 <!-- Kindleize HTML -->
  <target name="kindleize">
    <xslt style="${home.dir}/kindleize.xsl" force="true"
basedir="${out.dir}" includes="*.xhtml" destdir="${out.dir}/kindle">
      <factory name="net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
      <classpath location="${saxon9.jar}"/>
    </xslt>
  </target>

HTH,

				Jirka

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
    xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
    exclude-result-prefixes="h xsl"
    version="1.0">
    <xsl:output
                encoding="UTF-8"
                omit-xml-declaration="no"/>

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;!DOCTYPE html></xsl:text>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
    <xsl:copy>