Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] export from MS Excel to DocBook?

Not knowing about the xlsx (sic) unpacking facility in Saxon, and having had no success trying to automate Excel internally, I've recently written a simple C++ program to take an Excel spreadsheet file and convert it to XML.  From there I'm using Xsl to generate the Xml I really want.

As it's a program I've written for work I can't publish it, though it is really quite simple.  Access Excel using COM.  Scan all worksheets, scan all rows, scan all columns, and write the text in the cells to Xml using Msxml.  Took about an afternoon to get it working.

Maybe now I'll see if I can get anything useful from the xlsx file directly using Saxon....

Unhelpfully,
Richard.