Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Pretty-printing HTML and FO output

On 10.9.2012 18:37, andy.hatton@oracle.com wrote:

> For FO, I noticed the following comment in fo/docbook.xsl
>
> <!-- It is important to use indent="no" here, otherwise verbatim -->
> <!-- environments get broken by indented tags...at least when the -->
> <!-- callout extension is used...at least with some processors -->
> <xsl:output method="xml" indent="no"/>
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this comment?

For FO output XSLT procesor doesn't know which elements have mixed
content where whitespaces has to be preserved. Enabling indent="yes"
might insert whitespace in places where it is not ignored and can change
generated output.

But if you want this just for debugging you can enable indenting
temporarily or do indenting in some tool like XML editor.

				Jirka