Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Images not getting output in all formats using Oxygen 14.0

On 09/26/2012 10:56 AM, Paul Taylor wrote:
> Hi, using Oxygen 14.0
>
> I have a docbook file help.xml, and in the same folder a subfolder
> called images with some images in it. I apply the Pdf, Html,
> Xhtml-Chunks and WebHelp transormations, what Ive found is:
>
> Html and Xhtml do not copy the images folder, so the image link is broken
> Pdf outputs the image far too large so it cannot fit on the page (the
> image is 800 pixels wide.
> WebHelp outputs the image just right.
>
> I then added width="300" to the imagedata element and reran the
> transformations, now Pdf looks fine, but WebHelp is far too small.

I generally turn off image scaling for html and set contentwidth for
html (or use scale-down-to-fit for contentwidth and contentheight if
your fo renderer supports it).

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/ignore.image.scaling.html

> 1> So how do I get image sizes to look sensible in all formats ?
> 2> How do I get images copied over for html and xhtml formats ?

That's a bug in the oxygen transformation scenario I guess. Image
handling can be quite tricky, especially if you plan to take xincludes
into account. I have a project here that illustrates the problem:

https://github.com/dwcramer/xinclude-example

One of our GSoC students has implemented a solution to copy images,
being careful not to overwrite images that have the same relative path
and file name but are xincluded from different files, but we haven't
merged that stuff into the trunk yet.

David