Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Creating a chapter title page with chapter number and title on different lines

On 03/10/2012, at 1:42 AM, Bob Stayton wrote:
Hi Paul,
The third example in this section is similar to what you need.  It puts the number and title on separate lines.  Just omit the call to the gentext template to avoid the "Chapter" text.

In general, you can process an element in mode="label.markup" to generate just its number, and in mode="title.markup" to generate just its title.  You get both when you process in mode="object.title.markup".

Thanks Bob, and also to Jason and Thomas for your replies.  I can't believe I missed that in your book, Bob.

--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/