Subject: olinks for epub?

hi,
I have a set of books that I normally render as html using the 1.77
docbook stylesheets; I use an olink database to handle cross
references. That works great.

Now I need to render the individual books as epub3 and I'm not sure
how to handle these cross-book references. I would like them to
resolve to their textual representation (e.g., "Chapter 13: My Chapter
(User's Guide)") but not have it them rendered as hot links since the
links cannot work in an epub doc.

Has anyone encountered this situation? Maybe I could create a copy of
my olinkdb.xml file and remove the href attributes?

thanks for any ideas,
--Tim Arnold