Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] olinks for epub?

I would hate to see you lose all your internal links.  8^)
To keep them, you could customize the 'make.olink.href' template instead of emptying it. The code after this comment:

<!-- Form the href information -->

could be wrapped in:

<xsl:if test="$targetdoc = $current.docid">
</xsl:if>

That will turn off the href only when the target is not in the current.docid.

From: "Tim Arnold" <jtim.arnold@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:44 AM
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Cc: "DocBook Apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Bob,
That is interesting reading. It looks like the situation will
eventually get solved.
I only have the calibre ereader on my desktop, and plain href links
work even with anchors.

One wrinkle in my own processing is that I use olinks throughout these
books with prefer.internal.olink set to 1.

So if I override the make.olink.href template I lose all links
(including the internal ones) in the epub.

Given the state of epub links maybe that is the correct thing to do,
but once ereaders standardize on the CFI structure, I'm guessing I'll
still have a problem to differentiate between local and
cross-reference links.

thanks,
--Tim