Subject: DocBook XSLT Performance

Hi all,

I'm using Xalan and the DocBook XSLT stylesheets to process DocBook
documents. However, I noticed that, for larger documents, the
processing becomes very slow. I realize this is partly due to the
complexity of the stylesheets, but in practice, I don't need all the
power of DocBook such as i18n etc.

Is there an easy way to speed up the processing significantly? (e.g.
hot spots in the stylesheets i can remove if i don't need them)
I've tried using XSLTC, but the stylesheets don't seem to compile for
me (and i've seen other posts to the mailing list confirming this).

thanks!
Remko