Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] epub heading levels and centered images

Hi Andreas,
Chapters and other children of book should already be <h1> in epub3. Is your chapter inside a part element, by any chance? I see now that that would make it an h2.

Regarding h2 CSS selectors, doesn't a selector like this work for your chapters with h2?

section.chapter  h2 {  }

Regarding centering of figures, this works for me:

div.figure {
 text-align: center;
}

If you have already tried something like that, I would suggest you look at the .xhtml files with a browser to see if it is working before being compiled into an epub. If your CSS works there, then try using different epub readers, as their support for CSS varies.

From: "Andreas F.X. Siegert" <afx@afximages.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:24 PM
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi,

I am still struggling with my epup3 conversion.

How do I get heading levels that are really visually different?
Looks like for chapters and the first section level I get
h2 class title and then below I get h3 class title.

But I can not even visually address them in the CSS....
I'd really love to have proper h1, h2, h3, .. with working CSS.

Here is what I see at chapter level:

 <section class="chapter" title="2. First Steps" epub:type="chapter"
id="FirstSteps">

Here is what I see at sec level:

id="Preferences">Preferences</h2></div>

And then at at sect2:

And no matter what I try for css, my figures are never centered, but always
left aligned.
I only can get the caption to center.

cheers
afx