Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Spell and grammar checking DocBook/ XML documents

On 10/18/2012 10:33 AM, daniel.keyes@finaris.de wrote:
I´m probably not the first one to ask this question, but I still need to ask: Is there any
efficient, mostly MS-Word-like method to spell and grammar check XML documents and/ or their
transformation results (HTML, Pdf, etc.)?

I don't recall seeing the following answer: XMLmind (xmlmind.com), which is a semi-wysiwig DocBook (and DITA) editor has a built-in spell checker. It defaults to English, but other languages can be selected. There is an option in a config file to skip certain elements (like program listings, I suppose; I haven't tried it). There is no grammar checker, but then I've never seen a grammar checker that I would consider worth using.

Disclaimer: we use XMLmind a lot, and are happy with it.
--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell@umiacs.umd.edu