Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] manipulating chapter title page in html

The titlepage system eventually calls the template named 'component.title' in html/component.xsl for all component-level elements like chapter, appendix, preface, etc.  That template applies templates in mode="object.title.markup", which uses a gentext template to generate the appropriate label.  So modifying the gentext for 'chapter' in context="title-numbered" should work.  The TOC and xrefs don't use that mode, so they should be unaffected.

Or you could modify the 'component.title' template to use mode="title.markup" when the context is chapter.

From: Tim Arnold
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:35 PM

hi Bob,
Thanks for the fast response. I do understand (I think) how to change the gentext but I only want to change this particular instance of the text on the chapter title page, not the xrefs or any other place.
(this is to match a spec, not my own idea).

Can that be done? I haven't figured out where that template is.
thanks!
--Tim