Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to style db 4.2 html output made with dsssl

On 11/06/2012 10:41:04 AM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> On 11/06/2012 11:27 AM, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to improve a table of PostgreSQL error codes
> > in the PostgreSQL docs.
>
> > Postgresql uses Docbook 4.2 and openjade/dsssl style sheets.
>
> Is there even a remote chance for you to migrate to XSL stylesheets ?
> I'm not sure the DSSL ones are maintained at all at this point, so
> improvements, fixes, and customizations are much easier to get with
> XSL.

I don't know but have forwarded your question to the Postgres
people.  I don't have the time/chops to do it.  I imagine
that the writing is on the wall so they know they'll have
to migrate eventually; should someone step forward
I can only image that they'd be appreciative, but I
don't know the issues regarding the need to maintain
support on older boxes either.

They're already using xsltproc so that would be a natural
migration path and I imagine that would mitigate any issues
regarding older boxes as well.

Regards,

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein