Subject: RE: Title-page customization - is it just me ?

Well - no sooner do I send my question than I make some progress, and realize it was me ....

(checking a query I sent to the list back in July)

Since I'm using Docbook 5 I need to use the ns stylesheets.

Having done that I get the processed file being nearly the same as the published one.

The xml header PI differs in that mine states encoding="utf-8" which the published one doesn't.

The xsl:stylesheet lists the namespaces in different orders.

And the "This stylesheet was cretated" comment is slightly different.

Both the above differences I think are trivial, though i'm surprised the generated one is not the same as the published one as regards the comment.  I think the namespace name differences are just due to the processor.

Further down the file I find the following in my generated file, but absent from the published one.

   <xsl:when test="d:docinfo/d:title">
    <xsl:apply-templates mode="topic.titlepage.recto.auto.mode" select="d:docinfo/d:title"/>
   </xsl:when>
and

   <xsl:when test="d:docinfo/d:subtitle">
    <xsl:apply-templates mode="topic.titlepage.recto.auto.mode" select="d:docinfo/d:subtitle"/>
 </xsl:when>

I am suprised at this difference as I'd expect the real content in the published files to correspond to the source as published.

Now I do need to work out what to do to get the page-break added.

And then the removal of the Rev History from the beginning and moving it to the end and adding another.

Progressively,

Richard.

Richard Kerry

BNCS Engineer

T: +44 (0)20 82259063

M: +44 (0)7812 325518

Room EBX 301, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ

richard.kerry@atos.net

uk.atos.net

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.