Subject: Re Customization: was annotating docbook sections

On 30/12/12 08:17, Bob Stayton wrote:

> That titlepage mechanism is described in this documentation:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLTitlePage.html

I make it a practice of examining (or copying) the original template
matching on an element before customizing it.  That way I can see what
special handling the stylesheet already performs, and fit my
customizations into that existing process.

Very sage(hill?) advice.

Docbook has caught me out more than once with the subtleties of processing such as those mentioned in this thread. It may be a bit
hard copying in a hundred lines or more of code, but it does ensure
a smoother customization.

Best wishes to the docbook team for 2013, and very many thanks for your
work in 2012.

regards

--
Dave Pawson