Subject: Specifying directory for epub 3 output

I'd like to know if there is a way to save all epub files (META-INF, OEBPS, mimetype) to the current directory without modifying the param base.dir. I've posted a question on the oXygen forum:  http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/topic7814.html but it doesn't answer my specific query because I'm not using oXygen's EPUB transformation scenario.
To save all output files I've had to specify the exact pathname of my current directory in the 'base.dir' param with a few custom variables:

<xsl:variable name="epuboutput.dir">c:/xmplar/cop-e-boox v0-2/master1-20120826</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="basemetainf.dir" select="concat($epuboutput.dir, '/epuboutput/')" />
    <xsl:param name="base.dir" select="concat($basemetainf.dir, 'OEBPS/')"/>

I get the files generating where I want them, but in the resulting book toc I get the lists of titles all being generated with the entire pathname in the <a href...> element:

I thought I found where to remove the full pathname from href (in template name="make.lot.chunk") but commenting out the lines containing base.dir doesn't work.

So in short, I'd like to know:
1. How I can use the standard base.dir param without my pathname modifications and generate files in the current directory (instead of them being saved to the oXygen program directory), or
2. How I can remove the pathname from the href of the lists of titles while using the modified base.dir.
Thanks!

--
Dave Gardiner