Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] copyright sign, 1-78 stylesheets, xsl-fo

This copyright is in a bibliography, right? The template for processing copyright in mode="bibliography.mode" calls the template named "dingbat" in fo/fo.xsl to generate the copyright symbol. That template uses the param 'dingbat.font.family', which by default is set to 'serif'. If you changed that to 'ZapfDingbats', which is a perfectly logical thing to do, it won't work for copyright. You could change $dingbat.font.family to 'ZapfDingbats, serif', and then it would fall back to the serif font.

I'll fix that template so it falls back to Symbol like the other font.family properties do.

From: "davep" <davep@dpawson.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:38 PM
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>

On 30/01/13 19:51, Bob Stayton wrote:
Hi Dave,

I'm bothered that &#xa9; isn't available in the default zapf in Antennahouse,

I'm not sure I understand this comment. The Zapf Dingbats font contains only dingbat symbols, and not any normal characters. Why would you expect it to have copyright? That's why lists of fonts are permitted in font-family, so it can fall back to Symbol.

The reason I went looking for this, in the copyright markup
it seems that the default output is
<fo:inline font-family="ZapfDingbats">&#xa9;</

fo.xsl template name='dingbat'

regards DaveP