Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] copyright sign, 1-78 stylesheets, xsl-fo

On 31/01/13 18:18, Bob Stayton wrote:
This copyright is in a bibliography, right?

No Bob, chapter/info/copyright but it seems to work the same as your description.

The template for processing copyright in mode="bibliography.mode" calls the template named "dingbat" in fo/fo.xsl to generate the copyright symbol.  That template uses the param 'dingbat.font.family', which by default is set to 'serif'.  If you changed that to 'ZapfDingbats', which is a perfectly logical thing to do, it won't work for copyright.

This is the problem in my case Bob. Thanks.
I had set this to the only font I had which covered dingbats?
To my thinking dingbats and the copyright sign aren't a match. I was wrong.
" dingbat.font.family — The font family for copyright, quotes, and other symbols"
Reverting that param to serif clears the problem.

  You could change $dingbat.font.family to 'ZapfDingbats, serif', and then it would fall back to the serif font.

I'll fix that template so it falls back to Symbol like the other font.family properties do.

I'll leave that to your decision. I was wrong here.

Thanks for your time.

regards