Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Request to that DB stylesheets be able to use Saxon 9.

As I've said, I don't mind that the stylesheets remain xsl1 - I just want to be able to use one processor for everything.

Having said that I suddenly wonder whether result-document is actually in xsl 1 ....

R.

From: Carlos Araya [mailto:carlos.araya@gmail.com]
Sent: 04 February 2013 13:14
To: Kerry, Richard
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Richard:

Norm Walsh began working on salt 2 stylesheets. They are currently a separate project. You can find  a link to the distributions here:

Carlos

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 4, 2013, at 3:24 AM, "Kerry, Richard" <richard.kerry@atos.net> wrote:

It has come to my attention (see xslt list for details) that not only are the DocBook stylesheets still XSLT 1, but that, when being processed using Saxon, they use certain features that are specific to Saxon 6, and are not available in Saxon 9.  Specifically html/chunker.xsl uses saxon:output rather than result-document.

May I request that this be addressed as soon as possible, especially since there is currently progress toward 1.78.1.

Even without a full move of docbook from Xsl 1 to 2 I would appreciate being able to use one version of Saxon for all my xslt needs.

Michael Kay indicates that it may be achievable just by replacing saxon:output by result-document.  Though there are a couple of bits of fixing-up that may need doing - there are calls to element-available('saxon:output') and the saxon:output call has a parameter/attribute saxon:character-representation which doesn't appear to relate to any of result-document's parameters.

Appreciatively,
Richard.

<Atos_EmailBlueLine.gif>

Richard Kerry

BNCS Engineer

T: +44 (0)20 82259063

M: +44 (0)7812 325518

Room EBX 301, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ

richard.kerry@atos.net

uk.atos.net

 <Atos_EmailLogo.gif>

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.