Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XInclude with xpointer and ID

IIRC Xalan requires that you include the schema definition in the document's header for xml:id resolution to work.

On 02/07/2013 08:01 AM, Eduard Tibet wrote:
Hi Cristobal!

Please, note, that FOP is mostly XSL:FO processor (.fo > .pdf or .fo > .ps) - not an XSLT processor (.xml > .fo). Of course, it has XML-XSLT generation capabilities (as a nice bonus), but rather than do a transformation by itself it relies on Xalan that is supplied with FOP (look at /lib catalog of FOP distro). So, you question is more concerns XSLT-processor (Xalan), but not FOP itself. Please, try to search in Xalan docs for capabilities you required. Or you can use double step transform: get .fo file by xsltproc and .pdf (or other print related formats) by FOP.

--
Best regards,
  Eduard

-----Original Message-----
From: Cristobal Vio [mailto:crvio@antica.cl]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:03 AM
To: Dew, Simon
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Simon!

That worked perfect with xsltproc, but fop keeps on complaining...

"Include operation failed, reverting to fallback. Resource error reading file as XML (href='../../.../antica_admin.xml'). Reason: XPointer resolution unsuccessful.2"

at least version 1.0

i'll try to install the newest version and try again

thanks a lot for your reply