Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Error when trying to cross link external documents

Hi,
I think the problem is with the way the system entities are expressed for the target data files:

<!ENTITY userguidetargets SYSTEM "D:/Projects/6.1.2-18Feb/applications/documentation/target/package/docs/userguide/target.db">

Those need to use file: syntax.  For Windows, that would look like this:

<!ENTITY userguidetargets SYSTEM "file:///D:/Projects/6.1.2-18Feb/applications/documentation/target/package/docs/userguide/target.db">

From: "Trasca Virgil" <virgil_trasca@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:45 AM
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your help.

Please see attached the olinkdb.xml document. All the paths are correct. The target files are automatically created by docbook so, I think, are correct.

Thanks,
Doru

Re:

"

The error message is coming from the line in xref.xsl that
opens the olinkdb.xml database file. For some reason, it is unable to open
and parse that document, but it does not give any indication of why.  If
the path is correct and the file is readable, then the likely cause is parsing
problems.  Can you open the olinkdb.xml file in an XML editor to see if it
is well-formed?  Are the target files that the database opens readable and
well-formed?  Can you show the contents of your olinkdb.xml
file?

Hi all,

I have few documents and I am trying to implement cross
document linking between documents (HTML for now).

My environment is
Java, Eclipse, Ant and the Apache XSLT and FOP stuff.

I get the following
error which is causing my links to come as
?????

        [xslt] Loading
stylesheet
D:\Projects\docbook-xsl\docbook-xsl-1.78.0\html\docbook.xsl

[xslt] D:\Projects\docbook-xsl\docbook-xsl-1.78.0\html\xref.xsl:1095:59:Warning! Can not load requested doc: Programmer's
Error!  putDocumentInCache found reparse of doc:
file:///D:/Projects/6.1.2-18Feb/applications/documentation/src/main/documentation/olinkdb.xml

[xslt] D:\Projects\docbook-xsl\docbook-xsl-1.78.0\html\xref.xsl:1117:22:
Warning! Error: unresolved olink: targetdoc/targetptr =
'userguide/chapter.server.installation'.

I have double checked and all
the paths are correct. Do you have an idea what might be the problem?

I have followed the instructions found here - http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Olinking.html

Thank
you,
Doru "