Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] If I nest parts, I stop getting TOC for the top-level part.

Hi Aleksey,

I'm pretty sure (99.9%) that having a part inside a part is invalid, so the stylesheets probably aren't set up to handle that situation.

Dick Hamilton

On Mar 14, 2013, at 17:25, Aleksey Tsalolikhin <atsaloli.tech@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.  I have a "part" inside a "book", and when I generate the TOC it includes the TOC for the part.

But if I have a part inside that part (which is inside a book), then I don't get a TOC for the part that is inside the book (the top-level part).

What I want is a complete TOC that lists everything from the highest level to the lowest.

Here is what I've tried:

I tried a few parameters from http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/toc_index.html that seemed like they might be relevant:

Bump up toc.max.depth.  I am going set -> book -> part -> part -> chapter.  So I'd think a depth of 5 would be enough...   let me make it 99, to give some margin...

    <xsl:param name="toc.max.depth">99</xsl:param>

I don't think this next attempt is right, it says section not part, but thought it wouldn't hurt:

    <xsl:param name="generate.section.toc.level" select="99"></xsl:param>

And let's make sure "part" is set to show up in toc:

<xsl:param name="generate.toc">
appendix  toc,title
article/appendix  nop
article   toc,title
book      toc,title,figure,table,example,equation
chapter   toc,title
part      toc,title
preface   toc,title
qandadiv  toc
qandaset  toc
reference toc,title
sect1     toc
sect2     toc
sect3     toc
sect4     toc
sect5     toc
section   toc
set       toc,title
</xsl:param>

My document is written in DocBook XML V4.4.  I'm generating HTML output using xmlto v0.0.23

I'm not sure what else to try...  there is a <toc> element but I want a dynamically generated TOC.

Any suggestions?

Best,
-at