Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] [HELP] How can I get rid of the output of the <revhistory /> tag in the EPUB output

Hi,
More details are needed to determine the problem.

What numbered version of DocBook XSL are you using?

Are you using DocBook 5 and the the docbook-ns stylesheets, or DocBook4 and the non-namespaced stylesheets?

Are you processing a book or article?

Is the revhistory element located in an info element or in the body of the document? (revhistory can appear in a para, for example)

Are you using the epub or epub3 stylesheet?

How are you importing it and customizing it

(sorry, I don't have time to reverse engineer your whole build setup).

From: "Shlomi Fish" <shlomif@shlomifish.org>
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 10:15 AM
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi all,

I am trying to get rid of the <revhistory /> tag in the EPUB output here:

https://github.com/shlomif/Human-Hacking-Field-Guide/tree/master/HHFG/text

see below for more information - any help will be appreciated.

This seems to be misleading:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/FormatRevhistory.html :

<<<<
Tip

A quick way to turn off revhistory from output is to define an empty template for it in a customization layer. The following example will turn it off for all
elements that contain a revhistory:

<xsl:template match="revhistory" mode="titlepage.mode"/>

Please see below for the conversation log. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Shlomi Fish

<rindolf> Hi all.
on my page. <rindolf>
https://github.com/shlomif/Human-Hacking-Field-Guide/tree/master/HHFG/text -
it's here. <rindolf> LotR: here? <rindolf> Vampire0: here?
<rindolf> Anyone?
* dcramer_ has quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
* scotm (~scotm@c-67-189-56-13.hsd1.or.comcast.net) has joined
* pere (~pere@cm-84.215.38.245.getinternet.no) has joined
* dcramer_ (~dcramer@of1-nat2.aus1.rackspace.com) has joined
<rindolf> couture, dcramer_ , dtardon , joat , LotR , mhnoyes , pbor , pere , scotm , shaunm , stefan2 , sunny256 , ThomasWaldmann , Vampire0 , verm__ : any
idea?
* pere did not notice the question.
<dcramer_> rindolf, That would be via the titlepage stuff...
<dcramer_> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLTitlePage.html
<rindolf> dcramer_: did you look at
https://github.com/shlomif/Human-Hacking-Field-Guide/blob/master/HHFG/text/docbook-epub-preproc.xslt ?
<dcramer_>
https://github.com/rackerlabs/clouddocs-maven-plugin/blob/master/src/main/resources/cloud/webhelp/titlepage/titlepage.templates.xml
<dcramer_> See how <revhistory> is commented out in the titlepage spec?
<dcramer_> What you do is edit the titlepagespec, then generate a new
titlepage.xsl from it:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitlePageNewElems.html <dcramer_> Which you
then import into your customization layer. <dcramer_> rindolf: Give that a
shot. If you're still having trouble, try the docbook-apps mailing list.
<rindolf> dcramer_: OK. <rindolf> dcramer_: isn't there an easier way?
<dcramer_> Well, that's the right way :-) <rindolf> dcramer_: why doesn't
<xsl:template match="revhistory" mode="titlepage.mode"/> <rindolf>  work?
<dcramer_> I'd have to dig in to see what template is generated by the
titlepage mechanism. But on the list Bob could answer that off the top of his
head I bet. <dcramer_> The template spec stuff isn't really that hard.
<dcramer_> 1. Edit the titlepage.xml provided with the dist to remove
<revhistory> <dcramer_> 2. Generate titlepage.xsl by just running a provided xslt over the edited spec. <dcramer_> 3. Import result into your customization
layer. <dcramer_> Easier in a way.