Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] [HELP] How can I get rid of the output of the <revhistory /> tag in the EPUB output

Hi Bob,

thanks for returning to me. See below for my responses.

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 08:59:00 -0700
"Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> More details are needed to determine the problem.

let me answer them one by one.

> What numbered version of DocBook XSL are you using?

Close to latest docbook-xsl-ns-snapshot from
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshot/ .

> Are you using DocBook 5 and the the docbook-ns stylesheets, or DocBook4 and
> the non-namespaced stylesheets?

I'm using DocBook 5 and docbook-ns.

> Are you processing a book or article?

Technically, the story is an article. You can find it at:

https://github.com/shlomif/Human-Hacking-Field-Guide/blob/master/HHFG/text/human-hacking-field-guide--english.db5.xml

> Is the revhistory element located in an info element or in the body of the
> document? (revhistory can appear in a para, for example)

Inside an <info></info>

> Are you using the epub or epub3 stylesheet?

The EPUB ones I think. I can try using the EPUB 3 too.

> How are you importing it and customizing it

I use this:

ruby
-s /home/shlomif/Download/unpack/file/docbook/docbook-xsl-ns-snapshot/epub/bin/dbtoepub
-s docbook-epub-preproc.xslt -o human-hacking-field-guide--english.epub
human-hacking-field-guide--english.db5.xml

Where docbook-epub-preproc.xslt is:

https://github.com/shlomif/Human-Hacking-Field-Guide/blob/master/HHFG/text/docbook-epub-preproc.xslt

> (sorry, I don't have time to reverse engineer your whole build setup).

Sure, I'm happy to provide assistance.

Sorry for losing patience several times before - I think I figured out what the
problem is, and I was doing something wrong, but it's too bad the toolchains
did not crash and burn and eat my dog when I did it.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

> Bob Stayton
> Sagehill Enterprises