Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] [HELP] How can I get rid of the output of the <revhistory /> tag in the EPUB output

Hi Bob,

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:52:07 -0700
"Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:

> Hi Shlomi,
> Yes, the dbtoepub is the script to generate epub2 output using the
> stylesheets in the "epub" directory.

Ah, OK.

> If you are using DocBook 5 and the namespaced stylesheets, then any custom
> templates that specify an element name must attach the namespace prefix to
> the element name.  See this section of my book for details:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ProcesingDb5.html#Db5Xslt

Thanks! I'll remedy it.

> So your empty template should use match="d:revhistory", where the d: prefix
> is bound to the DocBook 5 namespace.

OK, thanks. Will do.

> But I looked at docbook-epub-preproc.xslt and it does not import the stock
> epub/docbook.xsl file.  I don't understand how it produces any useful output
> at all.  Are you use that is the file you use?

==> "Are you sure that is the file you use?"

Yes, I'm positive. It does appear to produce something, and if I put invalid
XML inside the .xslt, then xslt fails spectacularly, but maybe it's one of
xsltproc's quirks and things it ignores and moves on to without failing
spectacularly.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

> Bob Stayton
> Sagehill Enterprises
> bobs@sagehill.net

Apple Inc. is Evil - http://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/anti/apple/

The difference between a good student and a bad student is that a bad student
forgets the material five minutes before the test, while a good student five
minutes afterwards.
    — One of Shlomi Fish’s Technion Lecturers