Subject: [docbook-apps] EPUB3 default stylesheet throws NCX error

Hi List, I'm having an issue when running the default EPUB3 stylesheets on a document (see below for XML) as I'm getting an error with the generated NCX file.

(I'm running on OSX Lion and I've referenced the stylesheets directly for these examples)

$ xsltproc http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.78.1/epub3/chunk.xsl test.xml
  Generating NCX file ...
  Request for title of element with no title: div (id="idp704")
  Request for title of element with no title: code (contained in )
  Writing OEBPS/toc.ncx for book

The NCX has an error in the title;
    <docTitle><text>My First Book???TITLE??????TITLE???</text></docTitle>

Also, the OPF has two extra itemref entries at the end of the <spine>.

If however I remove xmlns from the <book> node, it then works fine; <book version="5.0">

This solution is obviously wrong as the XML then fails validation;

$ xmllint --relaxng http://www.docbook.org/xml/5.0/rng/docbookxi.rng --noout test.xml

test.xml:2: element book: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting element set, got book test.xml:2: element book: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting a namespace for element book test.xml:2: element book: Relax-NG validity error : Did not expect element book there test.xml:2: element book: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting element section, got book test.xml:2: element book: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting element setindex, got book
  test.xml fails to validate

Perhaps it's related to my system - can I ask if anyone else gets the same errors?

I haven't done any XSLT programming in four years and I'm new to Docbook, so I want to make sure I have everything set up correctly before I start customising.

Many thanks,

Mike Cook

Example used;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>