Subject: Epub2 and SVG

I am curious about other people's approach to using SVG in Epub2.

We rely heavily on SVG for our Docbook to pdf flow and Fop is rendering SVG (mostly exported from Visio) without major problems.

However, all the epub readers we have tried do a horrible job of rendering SVG. We have tried Nook for Android, Aldiko, Mantano, EZpdf, and Readium. Azardi is the only one that produces usable rendering.

Is the best option to convert to png and use that? That would be a shame.

Another downside I noticed is that all epub readers are much, much slower than pdf readers.

MT