Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] GSoC Project Idea: integrated LaTeX output support for the stylesheets

> Please share your thoughts.

I entered company that used dblatex. My task was to create outputs that meet
the corporate identity. I very quickly switched to XSL-FO and commercial
XSL-FO processor. I still believe this was the only solution to cope with
that.

If you need huge customizations in TeX based solutions, you need deep
knowledge both XSLT and TeX parts of the production workflow as you usually
have to customize both of them. Knowing nothing about TeX syntax I
simplified my task by concentrating on one well known syntax - XSL-FO (i.e.
standard with bright future :).

5 yrs ago I hoped that FOP is almost mature product. Unfortunately I still
cannot say that. It's a pity. Seeing huge investments in many areas it is a
shame that FOP is still on the perifery of the interest. I promise when I
earn money I'll suport its development. It deserves it.

To be a programmer, instead of creating proposed 'workaround' for FOP issues
I'd rather fix them ;-)

Jan