Subject: participating GSOC 2013

Hi all,
I'm Kelum Deshapriya.i'm new to gsoc. I'm willing to participate gsoc 2013 and work with Docbook XSLT 2.0 stylesheets project. I haven't previous experience about project. so i did some searching to learn Docbook.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DocBook
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DocBook
i'm interesting working with Docbook XSLT 2.0 Stylesheets project. but i don't know how to start working this project. so can anyone give me some help to start working with this project? thanks.
--
Regards
G.G.Kelum Deshapriya