Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Conceptual Questions and Customizations Regarding EPUB2 Stylesheets

Christian:

I run docbook-generated epub3 with multimedia added and hand-built epub3 content in my iPad without a problem.

For books generataed by others that work in my iPad use the following links:

http://www.elizabethcastro.com/epub/examples/epub3jp/jp24bis6.epub (vertical Japanese text, right to left reading)
http://www.elizabethcastro.com/epub/examples/epub3jp/jp24bis6.epub (manga, right to left reading)
http://files.infogridpacific.com/epub/a-christmas-carol2-3.epub (designed to be read in both epub2 and epub3 readers)
http://files.infogridpacific.com/epub/siddhartha2-3.epub (designed to be read in both epub2 and epub3 readers)
http://epub-samples.googlecode.com/files/kusamakura-japanese-vertical-writing-20120720.epub (vertical text, Japanese language)

All the examples but Kusamakura (the last one) opened in both iBooks and the Kobo app in my iPad. Kusamakura only opened and read in the iPad.

I would like to see the files you're getting errors with. Where they validated with epubcheck?

Carlos