Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] [HELP] How can I get rid of the output of the <revhistory /> tag in the EPUB output

HI Shlomi,
Your .xslt file is trying to do two things at once, and it won't work as written. It seems you need to preprocess the XML to alter the legalnotice, but you should do that step *before* processing it to generate epub output.

1. Run an XSLT process with xsltproc or saxon with your original preprocess stylesheet without importing the epub stylesheet. That will generate a temporary DocBook XML file with the altered legalnotice.

2. Run the ruby process on that temporary DocBook file using another stylesheet that imports epub/docbook.xsl and includes the empty d:revhistory templates.

From: "Shlomi Fish" <shlomif@shlomifish.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:14 AM
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Cc: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Bob,

sorry for the late response.

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 08:50:54 -0700
"Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:

Hi,
I'm not clear what is going wrong with your setup. I just tried this simple
customization stylesheet:

OK, now it seems I am trying the docbook-xsl-ns instead. Here is something that
reproduces this:

http://www.shlomifish.org/temp-db5-epub/

The http://www.shlomifish.org/temp-db5-epub/epub_repr.zip contains two files:

1. human-hacking-field-guide--english.db5.xml - the DocBook 5/XML file.

2. docbook-epub-preproc.xslt - the customisation layer.

3. epub-build.bash - a script I use to locally build it.

Can you tell me what is wrong? I also tried it with:

   <xsl:import href="docbook-xsl-ns-snapshot/epub/docbook.xsl" />

Instead.

Best regards,

Shlomi Fish

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
  xmlns:d="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
  version="1.0">

<xsl:import href="docbook-xsl-ns-1.78.1/epub/docbook.xsl"/>

<xsl:template match="d:revhistory" mode="titlepage.mode"/>

</xsl:stylesheet>

I ran this command on a DocBook 5 book containing info/revhistory:

docbook-xsl-1.78.1/epub/bin/dbtoepub -s custom5.xsl mybook.xml

and the revhistory does not show on the title page.  So the custom XSL
template does work, but for some reason is not being applied in your setup.
Can you put an XSL message in your custom template to see if it is being
called?