Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] EPUB2 vs. EPUB3: Making base.dir consistent?

Hi

Am Mittwoch, 17. April 2013, 08:33:27 schrieb Thomas Schraitle:

> I would like to ask if it would be useful to add the same change to the
> EPUB2 stylesheets.
>
> As far as I can see, it would be compatible with the existing
> implementation, but would be a huge benefit for stylesheet writers and
> developers. I believe, it should be consistent between the two EPUB
> implementations.

I took the liberty to backport Bob's changes regarding base.dir from the EPUB3
stylesheet(s) to the EPUB2 stylesheet. :) This is committed to revision 9749.

It should still be compatible with the old behaviour: If you don't change
base.dir, it will save all the files in the current directory. However, if you
specify the parameter base.dir then all files will be written to that
directory.

I've tested both behaviours with epubcheck 3.0 and it hasn't complained so
far. :)

Would be nice, if someone could test that. Thanks!

--
Gruß/Regards
  Thomas Schraitle