Subject: Re: Fw: [docbook-apps] Namespace issues with titlepage templates in slides

On 11.5.2013 7:05, Alexey Neyman wrote:

> I agree that the problem was the slides templates were incorrectly generated - I stated
> so in my original email. However, my point is that target namespace can be precisely
> determined by checking the namespace declaration for the wrapper element; this
> approach works even if that element has no namespace declaration (as in HTML).

Indeed

> As you see, this template uses default namespace for title/subtitle (DocBook
> elements) as well as hr (XHTML element).

But might be your code might be extended to handle this case as well and
emit warning message?

> Indeed, I do. I thought that docbook-xsl and docbook-xsl-ns are separate packages,
> isn't it so?

No, they are generated from the single source which currently is
docbook-xsl. During the build process correct namespace declarations and
d: prefixes are added into all XPath expressions and docbook-xsl-ns is
created.

> If it is not the case, could you explain which one is considered "master" distribution, ns-
> aware or non-ns version? And how one is produced from the other? I could probably
> modify the stylesheet to account for that case as well.

Currently master one is non-ns version, but there is plan to reverse the
process in a due future.

Conversion is done by xslns-build Perl script in releasetools directory.

				Jirka