Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Problem with "\" in WebHelp Search

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM, David Cramer <david@thingbag.net> wrote:
On 06/05/2013 12:28 PM, Morgan Hayward wrote:
> We’ve been testing this on Firefox 21.0.  However, I just tested this in
> IE9 and found the sidebar disappears when you search for a backslash (/)
> as well.  Very strange.

Indeed, I'm seeing that behavior in the current snapshot build:

http://snapshots.docbook.org/xsl/webhelp/docs/?textToSearch=this+\+that#

Hmm.. noticed the issue with this string. May be we are not escaping the characters of the search string? If not, we should. There may be other character than backslash where this might occur!

Kasun

Should be easy enough to fix by removing / and \ from the search string.
I'll take a look.

David