Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Epub3 - Use of Ant's zip task - ensuring file order follows the rules

On Fri, June 14, 2013 11:00 am, Kerry, Richard wrote:
> Does anyone have experience of building epub3 from Docbook using Ant ?
>
> In particular the use of Ant's zip task.
>
> One of the rules for epub3 is that the mimetype file comes first.  It
> appears that this can't be enforced using Ant's zip task.  Does anyone
> know if there is any way of making this work ?  Or do I need to call out
> to an external application ?  (ie infozip's zip.exe.  7-zip doesn't appear
> to do it either).

Zip the mimetype file uncompressed, then add the other files to the Zip
file.  See http://inasmuch.as/2010/12/10/ant-for-epub/

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@mentea.net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming