Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Epub3 - Use of Ant's zip task - ensuring file order follows the rules

Tony (and Morten),

Thanks for this.

I can now generate my epub from Ant.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard Kerry

BNCS Engineer

T: +44 (0)20 82259063

M: +44 (0)7812 325518

Room EBX 301, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ

richard.kerry@atos.net

uk.atos.net

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable

From: Tony Graham [tgraham@mentea.net]
Sent: 14 June 2013 11:09
To: DocBook Apps Mailing List ý[docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org]ý

On Fri, June 14, 2013 11:00 am, Kerry, Richard wrote:
> Does anyone have experience of building epub3 from Docbook using Ant ?
>
> In particular the use of Ant's zip task.
>
> One of the rules for epub3 is that the mimetype file comes first.  It
> appears that this can't be enforced using Ant's zip task.  Does anyone
> know if there is any way of making this work ?  Or do I need to call out
> to an external application ?  (ie infozip's zip.exe.  7-zip doesn't appear
> to do it either).

Zip the mimetype file uncompressed, then add the other files to the Zip
file.  See http://inasmuch.as/2010/12/10/ant-for-epub/

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@mentea.net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming