Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Generating e-pub and html indexes

Hi Paul,

Dave Gardiner put together an index customization that I've used to generate index entries that point to numbered sections.

That is, if you have section numbering turned on, and you use this customization, the index will use the section number instead of the title. So you get index entries that look like this:

agile development, 1.4, 2.3.6

This doesn't work if you have section numbering turned off. I have an item on my todo list to make it so it will still work with section numbering on or off, but that has sunk to the bottom of my todo list for now:-).

If you'd like to see the customization, I can send it to you if it's okay with Dave.

Dick Hamilton
-------
XML Press
XML for Technical Communicators